Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale is finally here! There are lots of amazing value sets and exclusive offerings that you can score in the beauty section of the Nordstrom website through August 2. Here, I put together a list of my top picks that I wanted to share with you all. Hope you find it helpful.
|From left to right: Sex Bomb, Rose Bombshell, The Comforter, Butterball|
Taking a good soak in a hot bath infused with essential oils is one of life's simple pleasures. When stress levels are high and energy levels are low, there's no better way to relax and unwind at the end of a busy and stressful day than having a bit of 'me' time. So with that in mind, I popped into Lush the other day and stocked up on a few bath goodies I've been meaning to get for quite a while.
So here's what I purchased:
- Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb: the formula is infused with soya milk, turkish rose oil; disperses a gorgeous trail of rose petals;
- The Comforter Bubble Bar: a fruity blend of bergamot oil, cypress oil and blackcurrants; makes a tub full of luxurious bubbles;
- Butterball Bath Bomb: a decadent mix of cocoa butter, vanilla musk, ylang ylang; great choice for dry skin;
- Sex Bomb Bath Bomb: a delightful blend of jasmine, ylang ylang and clary sage; wonderful to use in the evening before bedtime as it is very relaxing;
Have you tried any Lush bath bombs? If so, what is your favorite one?
I'm a big fan of cleansing balms. I find the whole cleansing process incredibly relaxing and soothing, so to me it is more of a pampering treatment to look forward to rather than a chore. Since I have finished up my favorite Clinique Cleansing Balm, I thought I'd step up my game a bit and give the original Eve Lom Cleansing Balm a try. So far I've been using it for over a month now, and I'm super happy with my skin.
The cleansing balm has a thick, raw honey like, waxy texture, which glides over the face with ease and melts all the gunk away without leaving any greasy residue. The scent, however, may not be to everyone's taste as it has a distinct herbal (kind of medicinal) scent, which I actually do not mind at all. Chances are, you’ll get used to it after a little while.
This cleanser does pretty much everything: removes all traces of makeup and grime, gently exfoliates (especially when used in conjunction with a muslin cloth that comes in the kit), hydrates, tones and leaves the skin baby soft. There is no squeaky, tight feeling of dryness, which is a big plus.The balm contains a nice blend of essentials oils: chamomile (to soften and soothe the skin), eucalyptus (to decongest), hops (to tone) and clove (to keep skin clear of blemishes).
Although it is meant to remove makeup, I actually use this balm to deep cleanse the skin. Therefore, I pre-cleanse with micellar water to remove makeup first and then use this as the second step in my double-cleansing routine. That's just a way to ensure that my skin has actually been thoroughly cleansed, leaving my skin ready for deep penetration of skin care products.
So here is how to use it effectively:
- Step one: Apply the cleansing balm to dry skin, smooth over the entire face, massage deeply into the skin to remove all traces of makeup and grime and to stimulate blood circulation.
- Step two: Hold the muslin cloth soaked in hot water over the entire face, take a deep breath through the nose and hold the muslin cloth for a count of 7 or 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Step three: Rinse out the cloth and remove all traces of makeup and cleanser by using circular movements. Finish off by rinsing the cloth in cold water and apply to the face.
If you have dehydrated skin like me, you should totally give this a try. The price tag is a bit hefty as it comes at $80 for 100 ml (which is why I bought the travel-size one), but I imagine the balm will last you a while as you need only a small amount for your entire face. So it's totally one of those products that are worth splurging on. Have you tried it? Tell me about your favorite cleansing balms.
Thanks to the annual VIB Rouge sale I picked up a few beauty bits I've been lusting after for quite a while. I mean who would've said no to fifteen percent off at Sephora? Probably not many; considering the fact that they offer the discount only twice a year. Anyways, here's a quick look at what I bought.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: If you have a tendency to get noticeable dry patches (argh, which are so annoying) after putting on your foundation then you need to try this. Seriously, it makes a world of a difference. My foundation (or whatever base product I'm applying) goes on so much smoother and lasts so much longer with this primer.
- Nars Blush in Amour: Am I the only one who buys things right off the bet when they see the sign 'only a few left'? Well, hope not. Because surely that had influenced my decision to purchase the following shade of blush. But no regrets here, it's a nice peachy pink that frankly compliments my skin tone really well.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation The hype is real with this one. Hands down one of the best foundations I've ever tried, so I got another one (in the shade 4.5) which matches my skin tone perfectly.
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer: As you probably already know this is one of my favorite lip glosses of all time: (1) it keeps my lips moisturized and smooth ; (2) creates an illusion of fuller, plump lips. What's not to love? And yes, this is my third time purchasing it.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy: You all probably know about my obsession with lip balms, so of course I had to give this one a try as it is quite popular in the blogging world. Have you tried it?
Have you made any purchases during the Spring Beauty Insider sale?